How You Can Use A Deep Dish Lasagna Pan to Improve Your Cooking
Are you a lasagna lover? I don’t blame you at all! Lasagna is my favorite dish to make because of the variety of different ways it can be assembled.
One of my favorite methods of cooking lasagna is with a deep dish lasagna pan. Much like a deep dish pizza, this process allows you to create a richer, denser form with your pasta. If you’re a “Go big or go home” type of person, you’ll want to go deep dish all the way!
Why Use a Deep Dish Lasagna Pan?
When it comes to delicacies and cuisine, any good cook always will have the most important thing in mind, the eater. Whether you are building dishes for a crowd, or just making a home cooked meal for yourself and a spouse, you want to make every bite a memorable experience.
Lasagna cooking is no exception, and many fans agree that the proof is in the layers. A deep dish lasagna pan will allow you to add more layers and make a thick lasagna your family and friends will absolutely love!
Before making a decision on which deep dish lasagna pan you want to use, I always recommend researching the best brands, makes and models to give you the best lasagna cooking experience.
What To Consider Before Choosing a Deep Dish Lasagna Pan
The most important factors to consider when picking out a deep dish lasagna pan will be:
- Size. The size of lasagna pan you choose will be dependent on the amount of pasta you will need to make at any given time. You don’t want to sell yourself short and make multiple trips to the oven from having a pan that cannot suit your needs.
- Depth. The depth of the pan will determine how many layers of pasta you can stack. The deeper the pan, the thicker you can make the lasagna.
- Material. You will want to purchase a deep dish pasta pan that is made of the right material for what you’re making. Most pans will be manufactured in aluminum or ceramic, both varying in weight and texture.
- Durability. Along with the material you choose, you will want a strong pan that is built to last so you will minimize the chance that you will have to purchase another pan anytime soon. This will ensure you get your money’s worth from your investment.
- Clean-ability. Many deep dish pans are designed to be easily cleaned, with nonstick surfaces. You will need to consider if you want a dishwasher-safe pan as well.
The Best Deep Dish Lasagna Pans For Sale
After checking out the essentials list for deep dish lasagna pans, now it’s time to look at your options.
There are many brands out there that claim to have the best deep dish pans, and the industry is more competitive than you may think! When they compete to make the best value, you win!
Keep in mind all the important factors for choosing the right pan, and I definitely think you will be happy with your purchase!
For some reason, some of the best deep dish lasagna pans for sale we have used have come from France. A company I personally like is Emile Henry. They certainly seem to know their stuff when making lasagna pans.
I’ve been using the 13×9” Baker pan for quite a while after adding it to my collection, and I have definitely gotten my money’s worth so far.
One of the best features is the depth included in this pan. At 2.5 inches, I have not experienced a single overflow or spillover like I have with some other pans and it holds quite a significant amount of lasagna. It is a bit on the heavier side so I definitely appreciate the strong handles provided.
Another strong point for this pan is the resistance to temperature change. I have been able to easily migrate it from oven to table, and to refrigerator without the worry of cracking and breakage.
Much like the model I previously mentioned, this pan is a strong and durable option to have in the kitchen.
It offers all the benefits of the 13×9” baker, but comes in an even larger size to hold more lasagna!
It might be a good idea to grab both if you’re a regular deep dish lasagna fan. That way you have options for when you have more hungry mouths to feed and need to make more servings.
I hope you are now feeling well informed on the deep dish lasagna pan and this helps you decide on the best one for you! Not looking to live the deep dish life? Be sure to check out the other types of pans we go over!